Since 24 March 2020 working from home has been strongly encouraged wherever possible in order to slow the spread of COVID-19. For the GIS Professionals among us, shifting to a home office can present some challenges.
We understand that maintaining access to the ArcGIS suite of products is crucial and have found this resource from Esri Canada on setting up access to ArcGIS Desktop or ArcGIS Pro for working from home to be quite useful.
The original blog post compiles some frequently asked questions that users have when setting up access to ArcGIS Desktop or ArcGIS Pro from home.
Click the image above to watch the video, or view direct on YouTube here.
- Accessing software installation package (0:31)
- Licensing installed software (1:33)
- Where to find details about available licenses (2:23)
- Authorising a single-use license (3:05)
- What to do when you usually connect to your company’s server for licence (4:24)
- How to take a licence offline (5:20)
- Using Citrix to access ArcGIS Desktop (5:50)
- How to quickly get access to the software (6:06)
- Resources for instructors to provide access to Esri software (6:56)
- Who to contact if you need help (7:36)
- Additional resources (8:22)