Having the right parts available at the right time helps eliminate unnecessary downtime and reduce excess inventory.
Inventory management is about finding the balance of inventory that allows maintenance work to be performed with minimal delays caused by the availability of materials, without keeping seldom-used items in stock. Having a forward view of expected inventory usage also allows organisations to negotiate more favourable contracts with suppliers.
Maintenance, repairs and operations inventory items are the tools, consumables and spare parts needed to complete work orders. Having the right items available at the right time allows maintenance teams to effectively execute their set maintenance plans and schedules. As a result, businesses can reduce unplanned downtime and cut back on otherwise avoidable costs.
Clarita has helped clients to:
- Setup item catalogues, kits and supersession options
- Align inventory items, stores and purchasing processes to maintenance plans to reduce manual intervention, reduce delays in work execution and streamline procurement.
- Monitor stock levels and automatically triggering resupply when minimum thresholds are reached
- Guide stocktake processes on inventory turns and high-value items with the use of mobile devices to scan barcodes
- Maintain accurate inventory requirements on job plans
- manage rotating items through use and refurbishment
- Redesign supply chain processes and systems to minimise stockholdings and optimise logistics through a distributed stores network, ensuring that regional service technicians had access to parts when and where they were needed.
Gartner research indicates inventory reduction of 20-30% is achieved through optimised inventory management.
Improve Time Management
Improving stock control eliminates time wasted in searching for the right spare parts. RFID tags, barcodes or QR codes can speed up the process.
Unplanned outages are extended, impacting customers and production, when parts needed for repair are not readily available.
Apply analytics based approach to monitor stock levels and eliminate overstocked or understocked warehouses by automating resupply processes.
ebookAsset Management in Transport Infrastructure
Important insights for transport infrastructure asset operators about how smart, integrated asset information ecosystems can maximise their organisations’ infrastructure asset performance.