In the coming weeks, Esri will be releasing the new version of ArcGIS Pro, which will contain some new functionality, as well as some long-awaited enhancements to existing tools.
Part of the Esri Enterprise and SaaS platforms, ArcGIS Pro is Esri’s powerful, single desktop GIS application. ArcGIS Pro supports data visualisation, advanced analysis and authoritative data maintenance in both 2D and 3D. It is tightly coupled with the ArcGIS platform supporting data sharing across ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Enterprise through Web GIS.
Some of the features our team are particularly looking forward to in the upcoming v2.5 release include:
- Full analytic capability of utility network within a file Geodatabase;
- BIM now supports multiple Revit files;
- Metadata support for ISO19115-3 XML format;
- Full temporal based Motion Video support;
- Parcel Fabric Management including Workflow driven tools and the new Parcel Fabric API; and
- Aviation tools including the Terrain and obstruction calculation tools.
Check out this YouTube clip for a sneak peek on what to expect: